Avaya today launched Avaya Oceana, a multitouch customer engagement solution to help companies create, innovate, optimize, and future-proof customer journey-driven experiences. Avaya made the product announcement at its International Avaya Users Group Engage conference in Orlando, Fla.
Fueling the real-time decision capabilities and customer journey insight is Avaya Oceanalytics, a modular analytics and reporting platform delivered via Avaya Oceana Workspaces.
Built on Avaya Breeze, Avaya Oceana is an extensible, software-based solution with drag-and-drop visual workflow capabilities to create and manage multitouch customer journeys, while Avaya Oceanalytics delivers a single, comprehensive view of customers across all sources, including Avaya and non-Avaya systems, and ease to add any other data sources as needed.
Avaya Oceana does the following:
- Provides a flexible, media-agnostic solution that supports multiple customer devices, including mobile phones, tablets and PCs, as well as kiosks, and seamlessly connects across channels;
- Preserves rich context from all customer touch points and uses them to enrich and personalize the customer journeys at every point in their interactions;
- Uses attribute-based matching to manage customer interactions and defines business rules by priority, segment, and behavior to pair customers to the right agents and resources;
- Enables visualization of the customer journey in context across all touch points and reports from disparate systems and applications, all via Avaya Oceana Workspaces and Avaya Oceanalytics;
- Breaks the silos from traditional analytic tools with the flexible collection, processing, and analysis of data across all real-time and historical systems to provide rich, visualization of data, and support to feed into any existing modern visualization tools, such as MicroStrategy, Oracle, SAP, and Tableleau, all via Avaya Oceanalytics; and
- Delivers a redefined agent and supervisor desktop to streamline the user experience that companies can create, customize, and integrate to key applications appropriate for every agent or work group, all via Avaya Oceana Workspaces and common Avaya Client Software Development Kit (SDK).
"For too long, technology has dictated what the enterprise can do to serve customers with increasing complexity and limitations between systems," said Gary Barnett, senior vice president and general manager of Avaya Engagement Solutions, in a statement. "Avaya is eliminating many of those traditional restrictions. Instead, companies can first define the use cases that fit their strategies and goals, then create them using Avaya’s simple yet powerful solution."
"Avaya's unveiling of Oceana comes at a time when more and more companies look to customer experience as the true north of their digital transformation strategy," said Mary Wardley, vice president of CRM applications at IDC, in a statement. "Avaya Oceana offers the means to organizations to enhanc the customer experience by understanding, responding to, and orchestrating appropriate journeys."
The initial phase of Avaya Oceanalytics Collector Snap-ins for Avaya Elite, Experience Portal, and Avaya Aura Contact Center and Proactive Contact will be available in the third quarter of this year. Avaya Oceana will be available in the fourth quarter.