Toshiba America Information Systems' Telecommunication Systems Division has updated its UCedge client software that runs on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets and Windows and Mac OS X computers. UCedge 2.5 adds new capabilities, including the option for agents and supervisors to log into the contact center and manage customer calls using mobile devices.
UCedge is compatible with Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution, IPedge on-site unified communications system, and Strata CIX systems with an IPedge application server, all networking compatible within Toshiba's Hybrid Cloud solution. The UCedge agent and supervisor features require the Toshiba Contact Center Solution running with one or more of these networked Toshiba telephone systems.
"In addition to a full suite of UC capabilities, the latest version of UCedge software adds features that specifically benefit the contact center environment," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems' Telecommunication Systems Division, in a statement. "Through the UCedge client's built-in softphone, agents and supervisors can now manage customer calls and their own settings from anywhere, along with a number of key contact center functions."
With the UCedge client and built-in softphone installed on smartphones, tablets, PCs, or Mac computers, agents and supervisors can take calls from virtually anywhere. Supervisors can see the group status and communicate with agents through instant messaging. Agents and supervisors can also pair the UCedge client with a Toshiba desk phone to initiate dialing via computer or mobile device.
Key UCedge contact center features include the following:
- Agent/Supervisor Login: login to all or selected groups;
- Agent Status Change: set up automatic status changes when on a call;
- Call Handling: manage calls, including after-call wrap-up;
- Call Notes: input notes for later review;
- Broadcast: send notifications to all ACD group members at once;
- Real-time Display: view calls in queue, wait times, and status of group agents;
- Warning: receive warning messages and tones according to defined criteria;
- Agent Help: send help calls or instant messages to supervisors or other agents; and
- Supervisor Monitor: monitor calls for quality assurance or agent evaluation.
The new contact center capabilities build on the full suite of UC capabilities already available with the UCedge client software, which enable any user to use a mobile device, laptop or desktop computer as a business phone extension. Users can take advantage of single-number reach in or out of the country, share presence and exchange instant messages, even with federated external users, and access consolidated call and IM history information from multiple devices via the cloud-based Google Drive service.
UCedge client software runs on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets and Windows and Mac OS X computers.