Neustar, a provider of real-time information services, has launched Fraud Detection Solutions, which integrate multiple identity ecosystems to provide a single view for fraud, compliance, risk, and customer acquisition.
Neustar matches digital identity data, such as IP addresses and cookies, with traditional off-line identity verification, such as name, address, and phone number, to provide a holistic view of new customers and the devices being used to create new accounts, enabling organizations to distinguish new customers from cyber criminals with confidence.
Key benefits and features of Neustar Fraud Detection Solutions include the following:
- Evaluate risks during account origination – Match phone attributes, identity risk attributes, IP intelligence, and fraud risk models to verify users' digital identities.
- Reduce fraud and increase acceptance rates – Validate offline identity with digital identity verification.
- Provide safer transactions – Identify users across online and offline touchpoints, including phone identification, digital identification, device identification, and user location.
- Improve the customer experience – Iidentify new customers from fraudsters across online and offline touchpoints, including phone identification, digital identification, and user location.
- Privacy by design – Data collection and matching is accomplished via user opt-in consent.
"Financial institutions continue to invest in identity and verification solutions to prevent fraud and mitigate risk, yet these measures often fall short, especially when viewed from the vantage point of new attack vectors, such as web-based banking and mobile apps," said Tom Pageler, chief risk officer at Neustar, in a statement. "Fraud like account origination is a big problem, but it is only going to get bigger unless organizations take the appropriate steps to protect themselves."