Thanks to technology from LivePerson, Grainger has launched LiveChat with Photo, an iPhone app that lets customers send product photos to Grainger customer service representatives.
"We offer more than one million products, so LiveChat with Photo helps answer customer product questions more efficiently and effectively,” said Geoffrey Robertson, vice president of eCommerce strategy and planning, Grainger, in a statement.
The LiveChat feature is in the menu section of the Grainger iPhone app. Once users can click on the icon to begin a real-time chat with a Grainger Customer Service Representative, as well as attach one or more product photos to the conversation. Photos help the Customer Service Representative locate the product in question and provide the customer with a direct link to the product, which then can be used to check availability and make a purchase. Finally, a chat history is available, eliminating the need for the customer to take notes during the chat.
LivePerson’s mobile chat solution enables seamless integration with native iOS applications as well as iOS and Android-optimized mobile sites. LivePerson's mobile solution can be integrated within a company's existing LivePerson chat infrastructure. Agents can identify and prioritize on-the-go customers, who often have more urgent needs and expect faster
In addition to LiveChat with Photo, Grainger's mobile app allows customers to:
- Search for products using bar code scanning, voice-activated search or browse.
- Use real-time product availability based on current location to learn when a product will ship or if it is available for pickup at a nearby Grainger branch.
- Get driving directions to the nearest Grainger branch.
- Manage purchase order workflow – accept, reject or forward pending orders made by multiple staff members.
- Receive notifications when orders ship or are pending approval.
- Get prompt access to frequently purchased items through lists.
- Access order history.
- Checkout using existing shipping addresses and payment preferences from Grainger.com.