Unified communications systems provider Fonality has added six features to its Heads Up Display (HUD) platform.
New HUD Web capabilities include two new transfer options, recording downloads, inline audio controls for recordings, and expanded notifications. The company also introduced an entirely new solution that lets users share files from their computers or from major file sharing solutions such as Box, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Dropbox.
"Our customers' files increasingly live in the cloud, just like their phone system does. Our new file sharing solution provides the usability and functionality that will help customers collaborate better and with ease," says Ali Rizvi, Fonality's director of product management, in a statement. "At the same time, our unanswered queue call transfer feature is invaluable. We've just handed customers the power to sell and service better with no additional cost to them."
The new features incorporated into Fonality's HUD solution include the following:
- Unanswered queue call transfer -- When a queue call goes unanswered too long, queue managers can now transfer directly to an available agent or another team member.
- Warm transfer -- Extends the existing transfer option by allowing the person transferring a call to let the recipient know who's calling and why.
- Recording downloads -- Users can now download voicemails and on-demand recordings from within the VM & Recordings tab within HUD. Downloaded recordings can be saved or shared.
- Inline audio controls -- All voicemail and call recording controls are now inline. The new recording download option is joined by Play, Call, and Delete for recordings. Voicemails add a fourth option, Mark Read/Unread.
- Notification count for each missed chat, call, or voicemail -- This notification supplements screen pop notifications that alert users to check HUD or answer a call when working in other web programs.
- File Sharing -- Sharing files from desktops, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Box, or Dropbox is as easy hovering over an avatar photo and clicking Share File or clicking a paper clip image in an individual or group chat entry box.
Fonality's HUD platform gives users a single pane of glass where they can manage their business communications. HUD is also customizable, starting with add-ons like video collaboration, voicemail transcription, and advanced call center licenses. Fonality also works with a range of additional tools from Salesforce.com to Zipwhip business SMS text messaging.