Wireless customers ranked AT&T highest in customer service, according to the latest J.D. Power study released today. In the 2013 Wireless Customer Care Full-Service Study AT&T outscored all other full-service wireless providers for the overall customer service experience measured across its retail stores, online and call centers.
AT&T surpassed its competitors, making it the "Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance Among Full-Service Wireless Providers" and showed significant improvements in every category. More than 18,000 U.S. wireless customers participated in the study. AT&T scored highest in the retail category, and also scored the highest in the industry for its online experience, which had the biggest improvement over the past six months.
"There is nothing more important to us than listening to our customers and continually improving their experience at every opportunity, and it's a job that's never done," said Ralph de la Vega, president and CEO, AT&T Mobility, in a statement. "We look at customer service not as a department but as a discipline that must be applied in every part of our business, by each employee, for every customer."
Some of the many customer service enhancements AT&T has made over the past year include:
- Adding the ability for customers to schedule a retail store appointment online.
- Improving capabilities so customers can get 24/7 service online or from a free mobile app.
- Expanding online chat representatives available to assist customers shopping or managing their accounts at att.com.
- Improving internal tools and apps to help employees serve customers.
- Focusing on resolving customer questions on first contact and minimizing wait times and transfers.